Pages


Still Here!

Wow! I sure do let this blog get away from me!

I'm now in my 3rd week of Insanity and it's going great. Lots, and I mean lots, of sweat has poured out of my body and onto the mat. It has been extremely hard and I'm still not at the point where I can make it all the way through a workout without extra breaks. I finally can make it through the warm up without having to stop so woo-hoo, a little victory for me to celebrate! I am having one not so little problem though. My feet are KILLING ME! (I know, not a very fun thing to talk about.) I'm on my 3rd pair of shoes with no relief. I'm thinking, it's me. I have been pounding them into the ground for weeks now and I guess I'm getting old LOL! Any suggestions would be welcomed!

I really am enjoying the high calorie burn/short workout aspect of Insanity but I'm missing Tony. I need some good ol' fashioned resistance workouts so I'm thinking if I can't solve my tootsie issues, I'm gonna have to go back to P90X for a while. We'll see how it goes because honestly, it would KILL me not to finish something I've started and I'd feel like a bit of a failure.

Also, I miss my workout partner, aka, Jeremy :) He's been into biking lately and he's really enoying it. I'm glad for him but it's hard not to go onto that new journey with him. I felt sorta left behind but I'm over that now and I'm really excited for him and his dedication to staying fit. If you have him as a FB friend then you are getting his updates on how long his rides are, his HR, and his crazy calorie burn. The boy is killin' it and I'm oh so proud!

On a side note, (way off subject here) I have to tell you about my new "job". As you know Jeremy and I attend a very large church here and we are really involved doing many things as well as leading a large lifegroup. Well, a few weeks ago I was asked to go on staff as the new LifeGroup coordinator and I accepted. I'm so excited to be more involved in something I'm so passionate about. We'll see how it goes! I really don't see it as a job but just an extension of the ministry I'm already doing.

I guess that's it from me for now. I hope you all are doing well!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear about your experiences with Insanity! I've been waiting to hear FOREVER!!!! I'm definitely trying it. My suggestion? Try doing it barefoot. I had the same problem in the beginning of P90X so I tried it barefoot and all my problems were solved. Unorthodox, but it works for me.

    How long are the workouts roughly? I want to try it, but a part of me would feel like I was betraying Tony! I'm about to start P90X+ in a couple weeks. Can't wait!

    Glad to have you back- I need to blog again too. Keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Glad to hear you are keeping with Insanity-what I did was a hybrid kind of thing with P90X and Insanity so I didn't lose any muscle. I would do something like Upper + or shoulders and arms on either rest days or recovery days. No legwork because we all know they get killed in Insanity! Question-are you wearing crosstrainers? Thats what they recommend for the program, not running shoes. I noticed the above said commenter recommended going barefoot, and I'm sure she means well, BUT DON'T DO IT! You will seriously injure yourself...don't even try it. Please. <3

    ReplyDelete